The plastic factory airbox is good at muffling intake noise and enhancing low rpm/low speed engine performance, but becomes very restrictive when the engine is operating in the higher rpm range – where most performance drivers need it.
The NEUSPEED P-Flo kit for the VW Golf R MK6 now offers a choice of two filter types, the time proven oiled multi-layer cotton gauze air filter that is washable and reusable or the new dry paper media filter.
DRY filter features:
- A disposable Filter that will not sacrifice performance.
- Comparable airflow to our Oiled Cotton Filters with the same Great Protection.
- Last for up to 30,000 miles of highway driving. Extend the life of the filter using compressed air to clean off excessive debris.
After months of development, NEUSPEED has developed an intake pipe size that matches the factory MAF exactly. Because of this fuel trims are not affected and will not trigger any DTCs. In addition, eliminating the OE plastic MAF housing showed an increase in airflow, as no pre-screen is required to reduce turbulence when air is routed through the long piping with its smooth mandrel bends.
Flow bench test results:
- Stock airbox assembly including filter - 346 CFM @ 23"of water
- NEUSPEED P-FLO Kit including filter - 529 CFM @ 23"of water
- As the OE engine cover is an integral part of the OE air intake box, it must be removed as part of the installation of the NEUSPEED P-Flo kit.
- Includes aluminum heat shield.
- Designed and engineered Camarillo, California. Proudly manufactured in USA.
- Fits Audi S3 (8P) 265HP (BHZ), VW Golf V GTI Special Edition 230HP (BYD), Golf R and Audi A3, TT, VW MK V 2006-08.5 with K04 turbo conversion.
VW Golf R MK6 2012-up