Turbosmart's latest Type 5 Dual Port BOV made specifically for the 2015+ WRX features an innovative new Smart Port drive-by-wire friendly staging technology that gives you the response of a plumb-back valve, with the high performance benefits of a vent-to-atmosphere valve. The Smart Port system involves a new piston manufacturing process utilizing specialized alloys and coatings, along with a revolutionary new vent to atmosphere trumpet design. These new designs allow for very fast response while also providing enhanced sealing. The result is quicker spool-up and better performance on modern drive-by-wire vehicles.
Smart Piston Design:
The new Smart Port piston is made from aerospace alloy, reducing the weight of the piston, and improving the response of the valve.A new military-spec coating technique is applied to the surface of the piston. This low-friction material also helps make the BOV more responsive than any previous Type 5 BOV, plus has excellent wear resistant characteristics – extending the working life of the BOV.
Smart Trumpet Design:
Turbosmart’s new Smart Port trumpet allows the use of a softer spring in the body of the BOV to aid in valve response to the plumb back port, while still retaining the ability to vent to atmosphere.
• Completely eliminate stalling issues that are sometimes seen in vent to atmosphere applications
• Eliminate compressor surge, at both low throttle and engine load conditions
• Smoothly integrate with factory computer mapping, without requiring any tuning
• Easily handle boost pressures well beyond 30PSI
• Require less maintenance due to innovative new trumpet design
2015+ Subaru WRX 2.0L