A top-mount intercooler upgrade is a great way to equip your flat-four with a cool charge of air! A cool, dense charge of air can allow for more aggressive tuning and increased power. The Mishimoto Subaru WRX and STI TMIC Kit provides a unique option for upgrading your charge air system. This top-mount intercooler kit utilizes a single entry inlet compared to the stock Y-pipe setup.
This unique tank design provides maximum airflow and superior air dispersion through the core, a process which results in optimal AIT reduction. This top-mount intercooler uses a high-efficiency bar-and-plate core, which provides increased volume and improved heat transfer. The kit is completely bolt-on, requiring zero modifications to your vehicle. The Mishimoto top-mount intercooler kit includes silicone bypass hoses for both the WRX and STI, a silicone crankcase ventilation hose, a bypass valve gasket, a silicone throttle body hose, and all the T-bolt clamps and hardware necessary for installation.
This top-mount intercooler kit has endured rigorous testing on both stock and modified vehicles and has proven to increase power and reduce air intake temperatures. On our 305 hp test vehicle running 20–22 psi of boost, this intercooler provided a 14 hp increase and a 30°F drop in AITs compared to the stock STI TMIC. For more testing details, check out the engineering report! Thanks to a precision engineered and tested core construction, this intercooler will support vehicles with up to 350 hp. This top-mount intercooler kit is available with either a Stealth Black or Sleek Silver cooler and like all of our WRX performance parts, includes the Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty.
- Direct fit for the 2002–2007 Subaru WRX/STI
- High-efficiency bar-and-plate core provides increased volume, optimal heat transfer, and significantly reduces AITs
- Durable and precision engineered cast aluminum end tanks provide smooth flow
- Includes silicone bypass hose, silicone crankcase ventilation hose, bypass valve gasket, T-bolt clamps, and all hardware for installation
- Unique single inlet design provides superior airflow and proper dispersion of air through the core
- Gained 14 hp and dropped intake temperatures 30°F when installed in 305 hp vehicle with 20–22 psi of boost
- Will support vehicles with up to 350 hp
- Available in Sleek Silver or Stealth Black finish
- Mishimoto Lifetime Warranty
- CARB EO #: D-759